Rice germinated


Posted by Picasa

I decided to grow rice this year to see how it will grow in wet Ahualoa climate. I selected 2 varieties that are known as dryland sticky rice.

so far most of the rice starts are looking pretty good except something is disturbing the soil a little under the fence I placed. I doubt that the wild chickens are scratching it since the fence wire is in the way. small birds? I am thinking it is earthworms since they do the similar actions where sheep droppings are. They bring the pellets in the ground and leave some dirt up on the surface. They are miniature tillers of natural mechanism.

Rice seedlings would probably grow a little better in a greenhouse, but I still need to work on the greenhouse modification before I can use it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix