Eggs on the side of a driveway

Since some time ago there were a few eggs on the side of our farm access road. I thought it was a mangoose that stole eggs from our chickens and left it there, but recently we found the actual owner of the eggs.

Mother turkey has been patiently sitting on the eggs even though we pass by frequently. most of our farm workers didn't notice until I pointed out. turkey is sitting still and blending well with the surrounding environment.

I walked up to the turkey once with little Koji, but it didn't leave the spot until I reached right over it. I wasn't really trying to be mean, but was just curious to see how close I can get. She had 4 eggs then. Perhaps easy way to catch the turkey is to put a cage over it at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix