Sweet potato overload

I was clearing weeds in the front yard to set a new landscape and found a patch of sweet potatoes. I just can't imagine ever running out of sweet potatoes as long as we keep throwing the harvested vines here and there like our cover crop seeds. After half a year or so when I remember the patch of sweet potatoes, just go dig them up. Each one will produce good 5 lb or so easily.

I started using sweet potatoes for edible ground cover since it's low growing and looks pretty attractive. Warm tropical place like Hawaii makes it easy to grow this. It's quick to fill in empty spot and smother out weeds pretty well. I imagine some of them are more than a year old and should be dug out for eating, but looking so nice and hard to disturb the garden.

Besides, we keep getting more sweet potatoes from random areas so unless I need the space for other special purpose, I can't think of a reason why i want to dig them up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix