Solar Cooking

I just built a solar cooker. Real easy and simple.

It's so much more efficient to directly utilize the energy than to convert it to electricity first.

The challenge is our climate. It's hard to get good sunshine in Ahualoa so I made it extra large solar unit.

I'll find out if that works.

Here is the recipe if you want to try.
http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Windshield_shade_solar_funnel_cooker

Fairly cheap to build.
Only thing I needed to buy was:
  • Large reflective sunshade
  • Velcro
  • Plastic Oven bag (19in x 23 1/2 in) Reynolds - Turkey size
I'll use a bucket and a metal shelf from an old oven that I happened to save.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix