Fishing with 2 year old

We got much of the summer field maintenance done in the tea fields, thanks to all the helpers. so I took my son along and went fishing.  He is 2 and 1/2 years old.  He is obviously too young to fish by himself so he just stand by my side and watch.  At least he knows how fishing is done.  I'm talking about shore fishing.  Set up gear, cast and reel.  Pretty simple.  He can't cast, so I cast, then he reels in, bit awkward, but since he's my son, he got a natural touch of fisherman.  He thinks casting and reeling is fishing because we haven't caught any.

In Hawaii, Papio is a popular game fish.  It's a small Ulua, once it reaches 10lb it's called Ulua.  I spent much of youth fishing in Japan and my college years flyfishing in Sierra Nevada mountains and all over Northern California, catching many little ones and big ones so I know a bit about fishing, but just doing lure fishing with a little kid isn't as easy as one would think.  Perhaps I will use a bait next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Red Bean Bread - anko remix

How we decide to be tea farmer