Flavored Green Tea

We just made a test batch of interesting green tea.  Perhaps it's the unique characteristics of our new select variety that resides well in sweet honey flavor.  We just call it "Honey green",  but it sounds rather confusing as if honey is added to the tea.

The tea itself is a little bit off from what I consider as final product.  I wouldn't serve it like that.  so I started blending, flavoring and roasting at various degrees.

Certain spices work well with this honey green, but from the name implies, honey seems to work the best.
I normally don't add extra flavor to tea unless the tea is intended to be flavored, even milk or sugar, but if the tea demands it and there is certain kind of harmony between the tea itself and the extra flavor, I think it is delightful and I would publicly embrace tea flavoring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix