Waipio sunrise fishing

On Sunday morning I got down to Waipio valley for fishing at sunrise. I had a good feeling about something big. It's been a few weeks since we got some nice sunny morning. Beautiful sunrise. Great way to start a day.

After a few casts on the beach by the river mouth, I got lots of nibbles, but no definitive bites. Finally I pulled one in. To'au, or blacktail snapper. Too small to eat so I let go.

 
 
It's always nice to see Hiilawe fall flowing so grand though it could mean more rain on the farm.
 

I then moved to the other side of Waipio but forgot my camera in the truck, but got three wrasses and moano.
And then a BIG FISH hit on my MW plug, which felt like a bullet train that half emptied my spool and snapped my line behand a rock.
 
One lesson I learned is that what we pay is what we get. I had a cheap reel with not as smooth a drag and mono line was totally damaged near the leader. I totally didnt expect a big fish. Most days the ones that hit MW plugs are mid size. I really need to replace the line and even upgrade the reel. What's more sad is that I lost my trusty MW plug and I have to go back to Hilo to get them again.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green tea infused sake and avocado sashimi

Tea, Pests, Disease and Pesticides, Hidden truth of unknown cause.

Red Bean Bread - anko remix